[mythtv-users] VDPAU bug reports against 0.21-fixes (JYA pkgs)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:37:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Scott <list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc> wrote:
> I installed a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 system and added JYAs repos for Jaunty. The
> system is a front end only running on a ASRock 330 ION. Nvida 190.42 with
> VDPAU from the JYA repo.  I'm seeing fairly regular mythtv seg faults that I
> don't get on my combo BE/FE without VDPAU. Of course, it could be host of
> other things too.
>
> Are bug reports against VDPAU and 0.21 still welcome and being actively
> researched or is all the work on VDPAU and 0.22?

Bug reports on 0.21-fixes with vdpau  have never really been welcomed
by the devs, as it was an unofficial backport and the devs were not
wanting to be distracted from 0.22.

Nevertheless JYA and others did unofficially support vdpau in
0.21-fixes both here, in ubuntu forums and possibly elsewhere.

However I now know that JYA has moved on to 0.22, and he is also now a
dev. Thats not to say you might not get some help with 0.21-fixes with
vdpau, but I equally suspect thet such help will consist of "upgrade
to 0.22 and see if the improved code there works for you"