[mythtv-users] VDPAU bug reports against 0.21-fixes (JYA pkgs)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:07:09 UTC 2009

2009/11/4 Scott <list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc>:
> I installed a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 system and added JYAs repos for Jaunty. The
> system is a front end only running on a ASRock 330 ION. Nvida 190.42 with
> VDPAU from the JYA repo.  I'm seeing fairly regular mythtv seg faults that I
> don't get on my combo BE/FE without VDPAU. Of course, it could be host of
> other things too.

I'm yet to see a single report of a crash due to the VDPAU backport on
0.21-fixes...

The most common crashes I've seen are related to OpenGL and the nvidia
GL libraries crashing ; well outside mythtv responsibilities.

run it in gdb, and see in what libraries it crashed ; even if not
compiled with debugging option on, it will tell you which library
cause the crash...

That you don't see it on your other machine without the VDPAU backport
is pretty much irrelevant, because as you say, it's not the same
machine

> Are bug reports against VDPAU and 0.21 still welcome and being actively
> researched or is all the work on VDPAU and 0.22?

Why would anyone want to provide support on a version that is now 2
years old and 0.22 is actively maintained ?

time to move on