[mythtv-users] .22 Missing menu - Key right

William william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 22:21:38 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/03/2009 04:42 PM, William wrote:
>> I personally hate the horizontal lists and would gladly do without
>> those themes to get back the right arrow menu. This is easily the
>> biggest foobar in .22 Is there a patch to restore that function. I
>> used the mythbuntu theme exclusively and would have no problem
>> deleting graphite and the other horizontal themes. The WAF for those
>> themes is 0. My acceptance factor for them is also 0. They are
>> crowded, hard to read and ugly!!!!
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI
>
> And remember that people put somewhere greater than 100hours of their
> own personal free time into creating those themes that you're calling
> ugly.  Those people read these lists.  While you don't have to like
> the themes they create, please--at the very least--show some respect
> for the effort they put in and the fact that they gave you the results
> at absolutely no charge.

I appreciate the effort they put into them however I feel that it was a
misguided or incomplete effort. A better option would have been to make
the menu work as usual in the normal themes and do something different
in the new ones. I realize that this is a free program and that much
hard work has gone into it. I personally have given over 4 years to this
project, supporting people on the list, writing support scripts and
drivers. I know my coding skills are not up to the developer level
however I feel that I have a right to voice my opinion. The devs are
welcome to ignore or to criticize me for my comments, that is their
right and privilege. My plans are to  try to find or develop a
unofficial patch for those who desire, like me, to have the old
functionality back.

William