[mythtv-users] clear qam listings?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:13:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:28 AM, Gordon McLellan <gordonthree at gmail.com>wrote:

> Where do I find listings data for clear-qam channels that I've found
> on my digital cable?
>
> I went through each one, figured out the call sign and programmed that
> into the database, hoping myth would match it up with the listings for
> the analog broadcast version of the channel, but it hasn't.  Some of
> the clear qam channels are in the lineup from my cable company, but
> the channel numbers are different.  Some of the channels appear
> duplicated, for example, I have three channels that are all TBS, and
> they show different programming, and appear to operate at different
> resolutions.
>
> Other channels, like the "MyTV12 Network" aren't in the lineup at all
> from the cable company... I searched them out online, and they appear
> to be a regional network in the mountain time zone!
>
> So, a couple questions:
>
> 1) How do I match up clear-qam channels to listing data from Schedules
> Direct?

Look up the xmltvid of the station on the SD website and input it in the
Frontend Channel Editor.

> 2) What do I do with the channels that have multiple versions?

If the XMLTVID is the same for both stations, then Myth will treat them as
the same (same schedule).  I believe you should have the callsign (again,
edit with the Frontend Channel Editor) be the same if they are truly the
same schedule.

There's information in the Wiki about this, look for the Frontend Channel
Editor page.

Kevin