[mythtv-users] clear qam listings?

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:28:12 UTC 2009

Where do I find listings data for clear-qam channels that I've found
on my digital cable?

I went through each one, figured out the call sign and programmed that
into the database, hoping myth would match it up with the listings for
the analog broadcast version of the channel, but it hasn't.  Some of
the clear qam channels are in the lineup from my cable company, but
the channel numbers are different.  Some of the channels appear
duplicated, for example, I have three channels that are all TBS, and
they show different programming, and appear to operate at different
resolutions.

Other channels, like the "MyTV12 Network" aren't in the lineup at all
from the cable company... I searched them out online, and they appear
to be a regional network in the mountain time zone!

So, a couple questions:

1) How do I match up clear-qam channels to listing data from Schedules Direct?

2) What do I do with the channels that have multiple versions?

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Gordon