[mythtv-users] Problems with ATSC program guide

roccomoretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Mon Mar 9 18:39:15 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/09/2009 11:50 AM, roccomoretti wrote:
>>
>> The latest is problems with the recent (US) switch to daylight saving
>> time - the current time displayed in MythTV is correct, but the
>> programs in the guide are one hour early (but only for certain
>> channels). It's not a source issue, as I checked the EPG on a
>> converter box, and the programs and times line up appropriately. My
>> guess is that for some reason MythTV is still sticking with a pre-DST
>> schedule. Is there some way to force a rescan of the ATSC EIT
>> information?
>
> TRUNCATE TABLE program;

I take it this is a command I should run. Where should I be running it?
Also, I'm guessing this just flushes the old programming data. Will
MythTV automatically rescan for programming data when it sees that the
guide is empty, or how do I force a programming guide scan?

>> Another issue is that even when the scanned programs come at the
>> correct time, they don't have the correct extended description. The
>> main titles all are correct, but the episode descriptions are all
>> jumbled up within the channel. House has episode descriptions from the
>> Simpsons, Nova gets ones from This Old House, etc. Again, this is not
>> a source issue, as when I check the episode descriptions on my
>> converter box, everything lines up appropriately.
>
> Yeah, that's a really bad problem that you have due to the fact that
> your broadcasters are sending out garbage data...

That's what I thought initially too. However, when I look at the episode
information with a digital converter box (same broadcasters, but no
computer/MythTV involved) all the episode information appears to be
accurate. Same day/hour/channel/program on MythTV: episode information
from another program on the same channel. It's also happening with *all*
the channels. I can imagine that some of them are incompetent, but at
least one of them should get things right, shouldn't they?