[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 08:12:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard<jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm uploading the series of videos files that have caused problem with
> playback at some stage.
>
> Not may all be available right away as it's all quite big for my poor
> home ADSL to upload to the US server.
>
> The two files that you will find won't play with your patch are:
> test-mpeg2tompeg4.mpg
> and
> badrecording.mpg
>
> I can guarantee you the issue isn't in the ffmpeg part ; because I've
> upgraded my local copy of 0.21-fixes using the latest ffmpeg trunk ;
> and the issue is there.
>
> I believe it's something to do with avformatdecoder.cpp ; there are a
> few extra code to find the right decoder.
>
> Jean-Yves

Definitely let me know when your files are uploaded, and where I can
download them from;  Yeechang sent me a file but it played fine for
me; I'd like to reproduce a failure so I can look at that format
decoding.

Can you run "mythfrontend -v important,libav,playback > tmp.log", play
a bad file and send me that log (off-list is fine)?  That'll tell what
it *thinks* it's decoding.

Thanks,

Josh