[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 05:33:04 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/6/20 Josh Mastronarde <jmastron at gmail.com>:
> That may very well be; would you mind sending me that short recording
> you have?  In addition, what rev of trunk are you using?  (I don't run
> trunk myself, but will poke around other changed files to see what I
> can find).  Each filetype probe results in a "score" that is then
> compared to others, so it's entirely possible that while what I
> applied prevents over-scoring mpeg2 in some cases, other probes that I
> don't use need to also be fixed to lower their scores to allow mpeg2
> to still "win" in other cases.

I'm uploading the series of videos files that have caused problem with
playback at some stage.

Not may all be available right away as it's all quite big for my poor
home ADSL to upload to the US server.

The two files that you will find won't play with your patch are:
test-mpeg2tompeg4.mpg
and
badrecording.mpg

I can guarantee you the issue isn't in the ffmpeg part ; because I've
upgraded my local copy of 0.21-fixes using the latest ffmpeg trunk ;
and the issue is there.

I believe it's something to do with avformatdecoder.cpp ; there are a
few extra code to find the right decoder.

Jean-Yves