[mythtv-users] DCH-6416 Firewire capture

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Jun 14 01:00:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Tim F<fenn at stanford.edu> wrote:
> You got some great tips already, but I'll add another thing worth
> checking/tinkering with is the firewire stack you're running - which
> distro/release/kernel are you using? I've found version 2.0 or later of
> the libraw1394 stack (juju), tend to work quite well for me (DCH-3416)
> without the need for any priming.

Is support for that working in 0.21?  I see the firewire page on the
MythTV wiki says:

Note: As of December, 2008, both libraw1394 and MythTV have been
updated to work properly with the new Juju firewire stack.

but it doesn't specify which versions.

I just tried upgrading my kernel to 2.6.29 with the new stack (and
libraw1394 2.0.2) and I can't seem to get MythTV 0.21 to recognize
that my STB exists.  After returning to 2.6.26.5 with the old stack
it's back.

I could see the box with plugreport with both kernels.

Eric