[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers 185.18.14 now out, ubuntu mythtv packages update ...

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 02:42:47 UTC 2009

> No, I haven't been following this thread, but I found it once I had a reason
> to start looking.  Actually, 185 is working better for me than 180 in most
> respects, with the exception of the color issue.  It doesn't seem to do it
> from within myth, but I noticed it while viewing some online video, and when
> using mplayer vs other players.  I was hoping someone would say to "check
> [this] box in nvidia-settings" and I'd be set.  Guess I'm not so lucky this
> time.  I never actually intended to install it, but there was an upgrade
> that wasn't able to complete unless I did a "partial upgrade" and I
> foolishly clicked "ok" and here I am.  Now when I try to revert to the 180
> driver using the "Hardware Drivers" method, it tells me I can't because I
> have a broken package, and if I try to do it through synaptic, it says I
> have to basically uninstall myth.  So right now, I'm not sure what to do.

You will need to downgrade mythtv as well as the drivers. You need to
install nvidia-180-glx and nvidia-180-kernel-source. This will
automatically remove the 185 versions. I used aptitude from the
command line to do this and it automatically downgraded mythtv to the
packages that depend on the 180 drivers instead of the mythtv packages
compiled against 185.