[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 20 21:36:19 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 09:34 AM, Albert Graham wrote:
> Actually it was a good thing that I had to restore the entire database
> setup because all previous records lost the original program meta data
> - channel number and name, that was replaced with #1234#, so this time
> I've kept the original video sources and created new ones allowing the
> existing recordings to show the correct meta data.
>
> Problem is, I think the old EPG data is still being used, so I have to
> figure out how to force a EPG rescan :(

Myth doesn't take to having unused video sources, capture cards, card
inputs too well.  The problem with "losing metadata" is that you've
changed the channel ID's when you deleted/re-created video sources (or
channels).  You just need to fix the chanid's for the recordings (but I
highly recommend you don't do this yourself as it's much more complex
than you're likely to realize).

In a week or two, I should have the restore script fixed up to fix up
this disconnect caused by changing channel ID's.

Mike