[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Mon Jul 20 22:58:03 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 10:36 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/20/2009 09:34 AM, Albert Graham wrote:
>> Actually it was a good thing that I had to restore the entire
>> database setup because all previous records lost the original program
>> meta data - channel number and name, that was replaced with #1234#,
>> so this time I've kept the original video sources and created new
>> ones allowing the existing recordings to show the correct meta data.
>>
>> Problem is, I think the old EPG data is still being used, so I have
>> to figure out how to force a EPG rescan :(
>
> Myth doesn't take to having unused video sources, capture cards, card
> inputs too well.  The problem with "losing metadata" is that you've
> changed the channel ID's when you deleted/re-created video sources (or
> channels).  You just need to fix the chanid's for the recordings (but
> I highly recommend you don't do this yourself as it's much more
> complex than you're likely to realize).
>
> In a week or two, I should have the restore script fixed up to fix up
> this disconnect caused by changing channel ID's.
>
> Mike

That would be really cool because, I have to keep the old sources around
and the old sources where global rather than based on muxes only.

I restored by database and kept the old sources around so the #1234# is
gone, but I still have the old sources around, what's needed is some
script that can correlate all the old channel id (may be the old
sourceid) to the new channel id (which should be the same) using the new
sourceid - assume from my messing around.

Look forward very much to trying your script.

Albert.