[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Mon Jul 20 13:34:26 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 05:01 AM, Shawn Haggett wrote:
> On Monday 20 July 2009 12:14:05 Albert Graham wrote:
>
>> I must have broken something serious, because a how load of recordings
>> kicked off, almost all of which fail to record anything, but now nothing
>> is showing in upcoming recordings ?
>>
>> What could have broken - I have hundreds of Recording Schedules all of
>> which show up in MythWeb under "Recording Schedules" but nothing in
>> Upcoming recordings ? - via MythTV or the frontend ?
>>

> I've had something similar where my tuner devices will lock-up after some
> unspecified length of time (I've had between 2-4 weeks without a reboot before
> it locks up). Then because Myth can't access the tuners it decides it can't
> use them, then because it has no tuners it can't schedule any recordings so
> suddenly my upcoming recordings will be empty. A reboot of the machine
> normally fixes it.
>
> Maybe something similar happened when myth tried to record all the channels at
> once. Have you ever had all your tuners recording at the same time before?
>
> Shawn

I did reboot, and it made no difference, I am assuming that some how it
tied the input to the Schedules - which would be a shame as I did not
specify an input (i.e. most are set to any).

I've now deleted all "Schedules".

Next I think I have to force an EPG for all tuners (sources) or wait
till that happens again.

Actually it was a good thing that I had to restore the entire database
setup because all previous records lost the original program meta data -
channel number and name, that was replaced with #1234#, so this time
I've kept the original video sources and created new ones allowing the
existing recordings to show the correct meta data.

Problem is, I think the old EPG data is still being used, so I have to
figure out how to force a EPG rescan :(

Albert.