[mythtv-users] HD Content (???/InternetTV/Digital) in Japan on MythTV - Is it possible?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jan 30 02:21:18 UTC 2009

David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> says:
> From a hardware perspective [the HD-PVR]'s pretty heavy, but from
> the perspective of minimizing frustration it may be the way to go.

This is what I was driving at. Presumably any mainstream MythTV
release with HD-PVR support is also going to include VDPAU, which for
most people can be achieved with a $30 video card.

The single most-common question asked on this list, flat out, no doubt
about it, is "How do I get encrypted cable/satellite channels through
MythTV?" HD-PVR is the best, and almost always only, answer.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array