[mythtv-users] HD Content (???/InternetTV/Digital) in Japan on MythTV - Is it possible?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Jan 30 00:12:29 UTC 2009

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> HD-PVR is expensive, requires either VDPAU or a hefty front-end for
> playback of content and doesn't have a tuner.
> Don't get my wrong, I love my 2 HD-PVR's, but I don't think that it
> would be the de-facto standard recommendation.

OTOH, it seems to be the only reliable way to capture HD from cable.
Clear QAM channels come and go, Firewire is unstable and is also subject
to being switched on and off, etc.  From a hardware perspective it's
pretty heavy, but from the perspective of minimizing frustration it may
be the way to go.