[mythtv-users] Hardware databases

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:18:42 UTC 2009

> When I first started with, I looked for a list of supported hardware, and
> was overjoyed to find that the PVR-250 I bought and subsequently stopped
> using several years before was one of the better supported cards, and I must
> admit, I felt a little smug too.

When I started out in spring of 2004. I already had 2 capture cards.
One was a PVR250 and the other was a nVidia gforce2 based frame
grabber that I retired years ago.. I tried freevo and did not like it.
Then I found mythtv and tried mandrake and fedora. Neither of these
operating systems worked well with the 2 processor athlon mp system
that I had. I laboriously fought each to find smp kernel rpms and
drivers for my ivtv card that matched. Some one on a amd board I
frequented was pushing gentoo so I tried that and after a few nights
of compiling all was well and every thing worked in mythtv 0.17 I
believe..