[mythtv-users] Hardware databases

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 21:54:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:40 PM, jedi wrote:
>
>  On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:39:57AM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>>> So if you find hardware that works, don't add it anywhere and let
>>>

>> ...yes, far better to add where no one will ever see it. It might
>> not actually do anyone any good but you can sure feel nice and smug
>> about it.
>>

> You know, when I first set up my MythTV system, I looked on the wiki,
> looked through my option of video capture hardware, and picked one from the
> list and I feel anyone/everyone else can do the same. It wasn't difficult,
> it just took about half an hour making sure I had all the information and
> made a decision.
>
> Furthermore, insulting me is more of a reflection on you than me. Doing it
> in public is a waste of bandwidth.
>
> -Brad

When I first started with, I looked for a list of supported hardware, and
was overjoyed to find that the PVR-250 I bought and subsequently stopped
using several years before was one of the better supported cards, and I must
admit, I felt a little smug too.