[mythtv-users] IPTV

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 00:19:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if this will work with
> U-verse.  I dont have a spare nic right now so I cant try it, as soon
> as I get one I will.
>
> -Gregg

As I understand it most places where AT&T u-verse is offered they do
NOT use IPTV.  They use a different system which is incompatible but
is compatible with "old" cable TV tuners.  But of coarse they use the
same "U-verse" name in other areas where they do use IPTV.

It is like how the Intel Pentium Pro was completely different
architecture from the Pentium.  Or the way Nvidia and ATI part numbers
are so easy to figure out.  Aren't trademarks and brand names great?

Even so i have no idea if the mythtv iptv tuner will work with u-verse
IPTV service or not.