[mythtv-users] Issues with audio over HDMI

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:56:52 UTC 2009

> I also downloaded a DD5.1 audio test clip and played that via aplay and my
> receiver picked it up correctly and played sound through each of the
> speakers in turn.
>
> To me, this would indicate that my mythbuntu installation is working for
> hdmi digital audio without issue. MythTV however is not...
>
> What further information should I provide to try and figure out why this is
> happening?

Just to add a little more... I hooked up an optical cable between the SPDIF
ports on my receiver and PC and was unable to get sound going through the
optical cable with the above settings in MythTV. I did not get a chance to
test aplay through the SPDIF connection though as I had to reassemble the
living room and get the TV back...

Cheers

Phil