[mythtv-users] Sound problem

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jan 8 14:37:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Ceesjan van Hattum <hattum at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've tried several combinations of AC3 and DTS over SPDIF, but without any success.
> music is playing perfect as well as mplayer.

mplayer defaults to not using ac3 or dts.  (You can turn them on by
using -ac hwac3 or -ac hwdts respectively).  Unless you know your
hardware can handle AC3/DTS, you should disable both of these options
in the mythtv setup.

> Does any one know how to extract the recording and/or load it in mplayer outside of mythtv?

There's no need to extract them.  They all exist as regular files on
disk in /var/lib/mythtv.  The filenames are based on the channel and
date of the recording.

Another way is to figure out which recording is which is to try to
play something from within mythtv and then do "ls -lutr
/var/lib/mythtv".  The last file printed is usually the one you just
tried to play.

Eric Sharkey