[mythtv-users] mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 7 17:50:06 UTC 2009

Steve Daniels wrote:
>> while my desktop crawls?
>
> Ok, this is where I fall off my seat and stop being reasonable.

You can, please go ahead.
Not everyone makes your choices.
I make mine in my way.
The setup I mentioned is a cheap one, built from simple components to
reduce power consumption.

> You've
> got the money to do that, but don't want to "waste" your own time

No! Didn't say that.
You put those words in my mouth.

> and
> money

Didn't say that.
You put those words in my mouth.

I just don't want to disrupt the recording.
I don't want to mess with the desktop (too much).
Both systems must be usable most of the time. That's what they are for.

debugging you current memory leak issues but you want others to
> spend their own time and money doing it. That is simply disrespectful
> and insulting to anyone.

You draw your overreacting conclusions in your time.
I just use my time in my way, especially if you all react so nicely to a
constructively meant status report.

> I've just told you that you could try and see if the memory leak is
> still present with the IPTV recorder.

Can give that a try this weekend.
I'll try to make virtualbox run with Fedora 10 i386 and install MytHTV
in there.
In the mean time I must get familiar with IPTV I guess.

Was the wording of my constructive status report off?
Why does everybody forget about me trying valgrind?
Why is everybody hostile?
Is it the crisi$ zeitgeist?