[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 6 23:11:29 UTC 2009

David Brodbeck wrote:
> steve wrote:
>> you know i tried that last night too, and all i got was a flashing
>> screen like it was going to start but didnt.  close myth, and it opens
>> no problem.  doesnt myth use opengl or something like that and boxee as
>> well, only one can use it at once?  stab in the dark here...lol, anyway
>> i googled and only found one instance of the same problem, and noone
>> answered the post.  so if anyones got a pointer would be appreciated.
>> thanks!
>
> You could try switching to the QT painter, in Myth.  That would tell you
> if it's OpenGL causing the problem.  As far as I know the only thing you
> lose by turning off the OpenGL menu painter is the fade-in/fade-out menu
> transitions, which are cute but hardly essential.
>
> It might also be helpful to redirect the output from Boxee to a file, or
> run mythfrontend from a terminal, so you can see any error messages.

well, ran frontend using qt once, and opengl next from a terminal, and
tried to start boxee both times.  both times it spit out a "X error of
failed request:  GLXBadDrawable" which anywhere ive read means that
effects are running.  but i have everything turned off.

checked xorg conf, and found a "load glx", so I removed that, but still
get the same error when starting boxee from myth.  i think ill try a
different nvidia driver you think?

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com