[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jan 6 22:28:09 UTC 2009

steve wrote:
> you know i tried that last night too, and all i got was a flashing
> screen like it was going to start but didnt.  close myth, and it opens
> no problem.  doesnt myth use opengl or something like that and boxee as
> well, only one can use it at once?  stab in the dark here...lol, anyway
> i googled and only found one instance of the same problem, and noone
> answered the post.  so if anyones got a pointer would be appreciated.
> thanks!

You could try switching to the QT painter, in Myth.  That would tell you
if it's OpenGL causing the problem.  As far as I know the only thing you
lose by turning off the OpenGL menu painter is the fade-in/fade-out menu
transitions, which are cute but hardly essential.

It might also be helpful to redirect the output from Boxee to a file, or
run mythfrontend from a terminal, so you can see any error messages.