[mythtv-users] Current state of VIDEO_TS?

Ekkehard Kraemer ekr at ekr-home.de
Tue Jan 6 12:06:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:33:56 +0100, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> the
>>>
>> In Setup->Media Settings->Videos Settings->Player Settings change
>> Video Player" to "Internal" (it may be case sensitive).
>
> Sorry, that should be "DVD Player Command" instead of "Default Video
> Player"
> (or you can do both).

Hm, doesn't work here. I removed all special settings I had made and used
the defaults with your Internal setting; it seems to play ISOs now, but
not VIDEO_TS.

At the moment, my will to fiddle around with Myth, or rather, a
Linux-based settop box, is gone though. After a recent apt-get update, my
screen is now black&white (obviously not Myth's fault, but Xorg);
everything I intended the box to to does not seem to work without a lot of
manual hassle or quite unacceptable quality even in SD (playing VIDEO_TS,
playing YouTube), heck, even the default keyboard configuration of xine
does not work with mine, as it is a very small one (like a Laptop's) with
a few essential keys missing. Finally, the EPIA 10000 platform just does
not seem to be fast enough - browsing the Myth menu is very sluggish. And
I did not even put the TV card in yet. Sure, I could probably hack around
for another few days, but enough is enough.

</rant>