[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 8.10 no sound after install

*malcolm* malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:43:42 UTC 2009

*malcolm* wrote:

> I'm trying to use a new MP45-DR mini HTPC as a slave backend & frontend.
>
> I booted from the mythbuntu 8.10 live CD to check everything out.
> After configuring the connection to the master backend, the live CD
> let me watch tv and playback, albiet with a screwed screen resolution.
>
> Great, I said and installed to the HDD.
>
> now after booting to the HDD installation and setting a sensible
> resolution I get no sound.
>
> As far as I can tell, using <code>'aplay -L'</code> the sound card is
> detected. (Intel).
> I've tried adjusting the setting with <code>'alsamixer'</code> and
> using speaker-test, but I get nothing.
>
> I guessing that the live CD driver works and the final install doesn't.
>
> Can you guys offer me a clue?
> M.

ok so I've tried updating the mythbuntu install without any improvement.

However, I have noticed something. The mythtv theme setup is not the
default mythbuntu, this tels me that its getting some information from
the master database.
I'm wondering if there is anthing in the database that can control
sounds on a frontend. I don't really know what i'm talking about but I'm
clutching at straws..