[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 8.10 no sound after install

*malcolm* malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:27:30 UTC 2009

I'm trying to use a new MP45-DR mini HTPC as a slave backend & frontend.

I booted from the mythbuntu 8.10 live CD to check everything out. After
configuring the connection to the master backend, the live CD let me
watch tv and playback, albiet with a screwed screen resolution.

Great, I said and installed to the HDD.

now after booting to the HDD installation and setting a sensible
resolution I get no sound.

As far as I can tell, using <code>'aplay -L'</code> the sound card is
detected. (Intel).
I've tried adjusting the setting with <code>'alsamixer'</code> and using
speaker-test, but I get nothing.

I guessing that the live CD driver works and the final install doesn't.

Can you guys offer me a clue?
M.