[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 07:32:45 UTC 2009

Well, I am afraid my settings are different than yours for sure.
The command nvidia-settings -1 TVOverScan[*TV*-0]=0 will work from the
command line
if executed from the TV and makes my desktop very small.  It doesn't work
when executed from another screen on a dual screen system although I am sure
there is a way to direct it there.

There is a slider in the graphical nvidia-settings and it seems that my
setup is using .nvidia-settings-rc to store this setting as the other place
I put it quit working when I went to the dual display setup.

The only suggestion I have at this point is to try an older driver and see
if that works.   It may have been removed by the driver in the same way the
xorg.conf version went away in June.

I am not going to try a newer driver because I don't want to break my
system. In fact, i don't think I will ever upgrade anything on that box :)

I hope this helps but I have my doubts.

Allen