[mythtv-users] Leaving...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Feb 18 04:19:34 UTC 2009

Allen Edwards wrote:

>> Are you generally opposed to manners and etiquette?
>>

> An interesting comment.

My point is that when you're in someone else's house, it's polite to
follow their rules.  Same goes for mailing lists -- it's only polite to
follow the established conventions.

> What is the deal with plain text anyway?
Personally I prefer to read email in the text sizes and colors I've
chosen for myself.  Fancy fonts, animated smileys, different colors,
etc., convey no extra information and tend to make the mail harder to read.

I also find HTML email is harder to trim when replying -- it tends to
wrap badly or break the HTML when I start trimming, and when I force it
into plain text it often strips out the quoting.