[mythtv-users] Strange VDPAU error

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:51:11 UTC 2009

On 2/15/2009 10:35 PM, Paulin wrote:
> Well tonight something strange started happening with myth playback.
>
> 2009-02-15 22:25:44.397 VDPAU Error: DISPLAY PRE-EMPTED. Aborting
> playback.
> 2009-02-15 22:25:44.398 VDPAU Error: Error at util-vdpau.cpp:1124 (#2,
> The display was pre-empted, or a fatal error occurred.)
> So is this
> 1. A problem with my configuration or build (using trunk 19992)
> 2. A known issue with VDPAU or should I report one
> 3. A known issue with myth VDPAU support or should I report one
>
> Any other thoughts.
>
> steve
This same thing started happening to me this weekend.  Recently I have
been having problems starting HD shows, which could be fixed by going in
multiple times, going to an SD show first (which always works) or
sometimes I would have to restart X. After updating SVN this doesn't
seem to happen anymore, but now it dies during playing with the same
error that you are getting. Seems to be a fairly new problem.  Wonder
what could be causing the preemption?

Lee