[mythtv-users] DVB Card missed on power up but not reboot?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 06:19:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 4:14 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used to have something similar, but I think it was that they
> wouldn't always come up after a reboot but always after a cold-start.
> It should be in the archive here (and I will do a search of my GMail
> later on when I get 5 minutes), but it was to do with the order that
> certain kernel modules were loading.  I think I fixed it by adding a
> line to my rc.local or something, but like I say, I will double check
> soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Whytey

I just checked the archives and this is what I did to fix my problem.

I stuck a the following lines in my rc.local:

/sbin/rmmod dvb_bt8xx dst_ca dst bt878 bttv

/sbin/modprobe dbd_bt8xx

This was for three avermedia 771 DVB-T tuners, and the fix I got was
from a guy with the same card.  Searching the archives, there are a
few threads along the same lines, so your mileage may very!

Let us know how you go,
Whytey