[mythtv-users] Radeon Xpress 1250, usable with Myth?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 11 22:52:23 UTC 2009

I just picked up an Acer Aspire M3100 for $50 at the local Circuit City
liquidation, including a 17" LCD monitor, so I figure it was a decent deal.
It has no hard drive, but boots and runs Knoppix, so I guess I'll put a drive
into it.

Biggest problem is it has  Radeon Xpress 1250 graphics, with an HDMI output.

I have always stuck with nVidia graphics, it seems to play better with Myth
than the ATI stuff.

I checked the archives, and didn't find anything specific to this graphics
hardware working with Myth, one way or another, though there were some
seemingly unrelated questions.

Anyone have experience running Xpress 1250? I'm thinking of trying to use this
machine for a F/E. The X2 5600+ should have the horsepower to play 1080i
without VDPAU (no VDPAU with ATI anyway), but I'd really like it if I could
get it to play HD-PVR recordings.

I have an 8400 I could drop in the box, I guess, as I know the nVidia drivers
will work OK.

If nothing else $50 was a decent price for the monitor, or for the 4GB of RAM
in the machine, so I can't complain no matter what.

--
beww
beww at beww.org