[mythtv-users] Commercial PVR offerings - is MythTv still competitive ?

George Mogielnicki george at begos.ca
Tue Feb 10 15:17:00 UTC 2009

HD-PVR is a requirement for me, actually, the ability to capture HD
content at full resolution from any HD receiver, cable or satellite. Blue
Ray rips is certainly a bonus.I know there are some receivers out there
where a firewire can be used for capture, but this is too dependand on
particular models. HD-PVR is the only capture device that I know of that
fits the requirements and is experimentally supported.

btw, in my $500 total bill I have included HD-PVR.

George