[mythtv-users] Commercial PVR offerings - is MythTv still competitive ?

George Mogielnicki george at begos.ca
Tue Feb 10 14:32:17 UTC 2009

I think you did not follow the post from the beginning. Unfortunately,
this is happening a lot on this thread, just knee jerk reactions to the
latest snippet. Let me try again:

I'm a mythv user for at least 3 or 4 years (my first was Fedora 3 or 4
using Jarod Wilson guide). I have a working SD system on Happauge 150
card, 2TB of raid storage on NFS, etc... I'm not afraid of Linux and
command line, my kids have ltsp workstations running ubuntu, Windows is
relegated to vmware, I run lots of Linux server and desktop stuff at home

I already have something ugly sitting next to my audio rack. If I ugrade,
I want an improvement - small, CF boot, silent as possible, has to play
1080 HD, hence miniItx. For this configuration VDPAU is a must at least
from thermal point of view.

Speaking of thermal and noise, the HD receiver I'm testing now has no fan.
The only noise coming from this setup is my usb drive humming.

George