[mythtv-users] Why cant we make a STB?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 01:00:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps what is needed is a mythtv frontend "reference design" - in
> fact it may be very similar to the ion reference design, but with a
> remote. Its something people could build with confidence, knowing its
> gonna work.

A reference design is not a bad idea. If we could form a SIG here with
its purpose to create a MythTV HW reference design, HW mfrs could
utilize the design to build competitive products.

At the very least, it would show HW mfrs what the community is
interested in. At it's best, it could be a design that mfrs could
develop from.

--
Brad Fuller