[mythtv-users] Why cant we make a STB?

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Thu Feb 5 03:09:30 UTC 2009

This is a very interesting thread, and a lot of good points made.  I used
shuttle pc's for my frontends throughout my house.  I keep thinking of
getting some mac-mini's but They are still a bit large for me.  I want
something that I can mount to the wall behind my tv's.  I really thing that
the new ION hardware might just do that.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-mac-nvidia-ion,6849.html

Based on past experience Apple makes great designed hardware, but that comes
at a cost; however I imagine that the size of the new mac-mini's will be
just what a lot of us are looking for.  Again, other then the price, I think
this is something worth holding your breath for.