[mythtv-users] Jamu without storage groups

Chris Forker cforker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 19:06:39 UTC 2009

I had this issue as well last week when setting up a new myth box.  I ran
jamu and it changed all the mythvideo paths to the storage group ones so
they wouldn't launch with vlc afterwards.  The solution was to delete all
the storage groups, including the artwork ones (videos, banners, coverart,
fanart, and screenshots) for mythvideos and metadata.  I did this with
mythtv-setup --> Storage Groups and then by just going into each storage
group and deleting the path.  Be sure to keep the default storage group for
TV.  Then make sure the correct local paths for those groups are defined in
Utilities/Setup --> Setup --> Media Settings --> Video Settings --> General
Settings.  Run Jamu again after that and it worked for me.

Chris