[mythtv-users] 'Wakeup' Delay on Idle Frontend

mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 08:35:50 UTC 2009

> Nice find.  I also get the delay when a frontend has been idle for a
> while.  This is just a guess, but it could be the socket has been closed

> on the MySQL server side for being idle too long, but the client still
> tries to use it.

Hi,

Jim - Great find.  I've been running the same command as you recommended,
but had yet to find anything conclusive.  I did though also notice the same
issue on a separate frontend system to my combined frontend/backend system.

Kevin - Your guess sounds plausible.  Is there a way that the timeout
(myth/client side) can be amended, i.e. set to 2 seconds?  If so, this
would both prove your theory and provide a useful workaround?

Thanks both,

MG