[mythtv-users] 'Wakeup' Delay on Idle Frontend

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:28:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> wrote:
> Nice find.  I also get the delay when a frontend has been idle for a while.
>  This is just a guess, but it could be the socket has been closed on the
> MySQL server side for being idle too long, but the client still tries to use
> it.

I wonder if this is due to changeset 17834
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/17834) which added the
MDBManager::PurgeIdleConnections() function.  This function is run
when a new DB connection is initiated, and "cleans up" items in the DB
connection pool that have been idle for at least 1 hour.  Presumably
some interaction between Myth, QT, and MySQL is causing this.

I can try a few things:

* Disable the PurgeIdleConnections() function.
* Upgrade mysql.
* Upgrade qt.
* Move the PurgeIdleConnections functionality into a separate thread.

Jim