[mythtv-users] Gentoo upgrade from 0.21 to 0.22, now no recordings listed in FrontEnd, everything else looks ok

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 00:03:37 UTC 2009

On 12/14/2009 6:24 PM, jk90090 wrote:
> First off, I was a victim of the "Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding".  
> I didn't know this until after I emerged 0.22 today, and tried to 
> start the backend/frontend at which point I was told the database 
> couldn't be upgraded.  In general, here's what I've done so far:
> ...
> Recordings schedule looks fine, in FrontEnd and in MythWeb
> I recorded one episode fine, still can't see it in the FrontEnd however.
> I've got hundreds of recordings in my database and I really would hate 
> to go through a piecemeal rebuild of the database.
> Help!
> -Jk
Found the culprit.  What I wasn't seeing was the std err output which 
was complaining about "length mismatch between programinfo".
See http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2009-November/066593.html

I had one recording from Aug 2007 which had 127 in the bookmark value.
Went into mysql and ran:
     update recorded set bookmark=0 where bookmark=127;

Voila.  My listings show up again.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list