[mythtv-users] Gentoo upgrade from 0.21 to 0.22, now no recordings listed in FrontEnd, everything else looks ok

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 02:24:43 UTC 2009

First off, I was a victim of the "Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding".  I 
didn't know this until after I emerged 0.22 today, and tried to start 
the backend/frontend at which point I was told the database couldn't be 
upgraded.  In general, here's what I've done so far:

    I went to the associated page,
    ran the backup script (I do nightly backups anyways),
    converted the resulting file,
    dropped the db,
    recompiled mysql with latin1,
    recreated the db,
    tried to run the 'restore' which just refuses to actually use the -p 
password option, so
    instead imported it manually,
    reran mythbackend,
    reran frontend,
    accepted upgrade (no errors)

When to My Recordings and there is nothing listed.  Changed to my 
original theme, same results, no recordings listed.
MythWeb shows everything pretty much perfectly, so the recordings are 
still in the database.

Started with Schema 1215
Schema now shows as 1244

I've run the system in debug but currently I've not found an issue 
(still looking).  The closest sql query I could find was :

recorded.lastmodified, recorded.findid, recorded.originalairdate, 
recorded.playgroup, recorded.basename, recorded.progstart, 
recorded.progend, recorded.stars, recordedprogram.audioprop+0, 
recordedprogram.videoprop+0, recordedprogram.subtitletypes+0, 
transcoded, recorded.recpriority, watched, recorded.preserve, 
recorded.storagegroup, recordedprogram.airdate FROM recorded LEFT JOIN 
record ON recorded.recordid = record.recordid LEFT JOIN channel ON 
recorded.chanid = channel.chanid LEFT JOIN recordedprogram ON  ( 
recorded.chanid = recordedprogram.chanid AND   recorded.progstart = 
recordedprogram.starttime ) WHERE ( recorded.deletepending = 0 
OR         DATE_ADD(recorded.lastmodified, INTERVAL 5 MINUTE) <= 
NOW()       ) ORDER BY 

This works fine if I run it via mysql.

Recordings schedule looks fine, in FrontEnd and in MythWeb
I recorded one episode fine, still can't see it in the FrontEnd however.

I've got hundreds of recordings in my database and I really would hate 
to go through a piecemeal rebuild of the database. 



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list