[mythtv-users] Cleaning Up Recording Rules

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 8 15:32:38 UTC 2009

On 12/08/2009 08:16 AM, Brian J. Murrel wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 22:41 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Just go into MythWeb's Recording Schedules page or mythfrontend's Manage
>> Recordings|Recording Rules screen and sort by "Last Recorded" (hit 6--I
>> think(?)--in mythfrontend to sort by Last Recorded) and you'll note that
>> all the ones that have never recorded group together and all the ones
>> that haven't recorded for a long time are together.  Makes it easy to
>> find the old ones so /you/ can *decide* whether it's worth keeping the
>> rule...  :)
>
> Right.  But holy lotsa clicking Batman !  (Too much to make me want to
> do it in fact)

DELETE|SELECT (which would be D followed by Space or Enter with default
bindings).  Not a lot of clicking.  More through MythWeb, but the
frontend is /really/ easy to use.

>   Would be nice if that page had the typical checkbox
> "delete all selected" type UI.  Or even a CSS driven (i.e. so that page
> refresh is not necessary for each) "Delete this rule" button on each
> rule.  Although, even the latter has an RTT latency for each delete
> whereas the checkbox/delete-all is only a single RTT for all of them.

Patches appreciated (but talk with Rob Smith first as I know he has a
plan for how that page should be properly AJAX-ified).

Mike