[mythtv-users] Enabling Xv on ATI HD 3200

Eric Holt ericsh at wvcom.net
Mon Apr 27 01:50:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Found it. Changed my xorg.conf 'module' section to:

[clip]
> HD content now displays correctly with about 50% CPU usage instead of 100%
> on a Sempron LE-1250. And the frontend log shows:

Kirk, can you report back about if you are seeing any tearing or not?  I
purchased some new hardware about 8mo ago with that same onboard graphics
card to upgrade my Myth box with, and had to abandon the idea because I
could never get proper playback without tearing.  Last time I tried
(January-ish), I was still seeing tearing with the 'fglrx' driver.  So I'm
curious to see/hear if its improved.

Thanks in Advance...
--Eric