[mythtv-users] Enabling Xv on ATI HD 3200

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Apr 27 03:09:50 UTC 2009

Eric Holt wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com
> <mailto:t004 at kbocek.com>> wrote:
>
>     Found it. Changed my xorg.conf 'module' section to:
>
>     [clip]
>     HD content now displays correctly with about 50% CPU usage instead
>     of 100% on a Sempron LE-1250. And the frontend log shows:
>

> Kirk, can you report back about if you are seeing any tearing or not?  I
> purchased some new hardware about 8mo ago with that same onboard
> graphics card to upgrade my Myth box with, and had to abandon the idea
> because I could never get proper playback without tearing.  Last time I
> tried (January-ish), I was still seeing tearing with the 'fglrx'
> driver.  So I'm curious to see/hear if its improved.
>
> Thanks in Advance...
> --Eric

Funny you bring this up. Yes, I am seeing some tearing but only in high-motion
transitions. It was the next thing I was going to tackle. Just frustrating
that Myth always seems to have "just one more thing..."

My understanding was that setting vsync on would fix the problem. I have:

Option      "TexturedVideoSync" "on"

in my xorg.conf. But I'm not sure if this is enough.

Do you have any pointers or ideas?

Kirk Bocek