[mythtv-users] Identifying DVB radio channels

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Apr 19 12:22:25 UTC 2009

Jan Schneider wrote:

> I does differentiate at some point, because during scanning, you can
> specify whether you want audio-only channels or not. This information
> shouldn't be dropped but saved in the channels table during the scanning
> process, so it could be reused later.
> Another obvious use case would be to provide a different UI for radio
> channels, e.g. a visualization from mythmusic instead of a completely
> black screen.

I've had occasional trouble listening to the 700-7xx channels in the past
because parts of the software (can't remember what) are unable to cope with
streams that don't have a video component. This may have changed in recent
releases, however.

I gave up listening to radio via myth. As an ex-courier, I'm used to having a
constant stream of Radio 2 going through my ears. Not much point recording it.

--

Mike Perkins