[mythtv-users] Identifying DVB radio channels

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Apr 18 10:25:44 UTC 2009

Zitat von Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org>:

> Oliver Maunder wrote:
>> Does MythTV differentiate between TV and radio channels on DVB systems?
>> I've
>> had a look in the database and can't see anything obvious.
>>
>> I'm writing a script to add certain recordings to a podcast and I want to
>> identify radio recordings and convert them to mp3.
>>
>> In the UK all the Freeview radio stations seems to have a channel number
>> in
>> the 7xx range so they're easy enough to identify but it would feel cleaner
>> if I could get that information from the database.
>
> That's the way I run it. All my Freeview channels have a chanid in the
> range 4700-4799 (note that's chanid, not channum). I have a script that
> runs overnight and picks up all programs in that chanid range and converts
> them to mp3 if the file doesn't already exist, using the sample script
> dvbradioexport.pl
>
> I then sync that directory with my mp3 player.
>
> I don't believe there's anything in the database, because as far as
> Freeview is concerned, all it is doing is shipping containers of data
> along a frequency. It doesn't differentiate between data with video and
> data without video.

I does differentiate at some point, because during scanning, you can
specify whether you want audio-only channels or not. This information
shouldn't be dropped but saved in the channels table during the
scanning process, so it could be reused later.
Another obvious use case would be to provide a different UI for radio
channels, e.g. a visualization from mythmusic instead of a completely
black screen.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/