[mythtv-users] Disabling channel-changes by backend -- firewire configuration?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 15:47:02 UTC 2008

On 08/09/2008, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net> wrote:
> I have a MythTV setup with a typical combination frontend/backend
>  configuration, with a firewire connection to a DHC-3200 digital cable
>  box.  I use the desktop PC for other things besides MythTV, and was
>  wondering if there is any way to disable channel-changes by the
>  MythTV backend whenever it starts.

There is no way to disable this 'feature' through the MythTV
interface. I asked the same question a couple of years ago, but
haven't yet had the inclination to write a patch for it as the backend
connected to the 'real' TV is rarely rebooted.

The option could be on the Input Connections page below the channel
change script - a checkbox to enable/disable executing the script when
mythbackend is started perhaps?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: