[mythtv-users] Disabling channel-changes by backend -- firewire configuration?

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 00:16:53 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 9/8/08, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Disabling channel-changes by backend -- firewire configuration?
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 8:47 AM
> On 08/09/2008, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net>
> wrote:
> > I have a MythTV setup with a typical combination
> frontend/backend
> >  configuration, with a firewire connection to a
> DHC-3200 digital cable
> >  box.  I use the desktop PC for other things besides
> MythTV, and was
> >  wondering if there is any way to disable
> channel-changes by the
> >  MythTV backend whenever it starts.
>
> There is no way to disable this 'feature' through
> the MythTV
> interface. I asked the same question a couple of years ago,
> but
> haven't yet had the inclination to write a patch for it
> as the backend
> connected to the 'real' TV is rarely rebooted.

I'd just like to say that I'm also interested in this issue.  Sometimes the recorder starts up - while someone is watching TV through the cablebox - to record something from an analog input, and on boot up it will change the cablebox channel, even if it never uses the firewire again for that duration.

I'd also be interested in a way to turn the cablebox on through firewire at boot, so it can be primed properly before it's used to record - and so I don't have to leave the cablebox on all the time.

Best Regards (and without any intention of hijacking this thread),
Sam