[mythtv-users] Disabling channel-changes by backend -- firewire configuration?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Mon Sep 8 00:30:18 UTC 2008

I have a MythTV setup with a typical combination frontend/backend
configuration, with a firewire connection to a DHC-3200 digital cable
box.  I use the desktop PC for other things besides MythTV, and was
wondering if there is any way to disable channel-changes by the
MythTV backend whenever it starts.

Please don't misunderstand here: I want the frontend to be able to
change the channel whenever I select a channel in the channel
guide or if a scheduled recording starts.  I just don't like the
backend always switching the channel back to what it thinks was
the last channel viewed every time the computer boots, or if I manually
stop/restart the backend service.