[mythtv-users] mythbuntu backend still crashing

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:07:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> For posterity, I'm runnning the i386 version of Mythbuntu, imported
> the database I was using on the x86_64 version (so.. same exact
> settings) and I haven't seen a crash in 2 days. This, opposed to
> several crashes a day, particularly when starting recordings, but not
> always. Sorry I don't have the patience to look into it more and file
> a bug report. Now that I have a viable work-around, I'm leaving my
> system alone for a while.

This is quite similar to my experience.  In my case, the backend
process crashed every time I switched in and out of LiveTV.  This was
with an Asus M3A motherboard and an AMD Phenom Quad Core.  The i386
version is a lot more solid though sometimes either the frontend or
backend processes still die with a segmentation fault.

If I may ask, what's your MB/CPU/RAM config?  Because I'm thinking
about getting an Intel-based combo and trying the 64-bit version
again.  May be it's more stable than an AMD one.

Thanks.
--
Francis
echo "sunegbwb at tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'