[mythtv-users] motherboard recommendation?

Darrin mtv at aperature.org
Wed Oct 29 20:22:03 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM, <cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com>wrote:

> [...]

It doesn't really translate since I don't run linux on it, but I have been
running my XP system on a Gigabyte GA-MA790-DS5 motherboard(apologies if I
messed up the model number - I'm doing this from memory and don't have
access to the machine at the moment) and I've been very happy with it.
Since it doesn't have embedded video, you can choose whatever video card you
want.  Beyond that, I can't really think of any feature on the board that
wouldn't work with Linux....

If you want, I could boot up a Knoppix cd or something similar and see what
it complains about.

--Darrin